Wednesday, April 25, 2012

what it's like to walk amongst butterflies

Here are the drawings that I made at SketchCrawl North's last meeting at the Imperial War Museum in Manchester. Well, to be honest, I made sketches and outline drawings at the museum and then crosshatched them to buggery (as they say Up North) at home. I'm not sure what it is about these journal spreads (the composition? the subject matter?) but I feel quite proud of them. Plus, I really enjoyed bringing them to life at home. It give me some time to meditate on the lovely day with my drawing friends and the powerful imagery and heartbreak of war. How can you fail to be moved by, for example, that little whistle? Maybe that's why these pages mean so much.

6 comments:

Tatiana said...

I love the little horse! The thought of his companions dying is tragic, though... :(

Zia
http://singing-blue.blogspot.ca/

Unknown said...

I love your robots)

Unknown said...

I love your robots)

Linda J said...

Just wanted to post and say I received my zine in the mail. So exciting - from the stamp on the mail package right down to the mag itself. I have been carrying it around in my bag with me ever since it arrived so I can take it out and sneak peaks whenever I have a spare few minutes. Thanks Andrea - it is lovely. If you haven't ordered one of her little zines, you should as a little present to yourself!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, girls.
Linda, so pleased you are enjoying it. tha makes me happy.

Cheers!

Unknown said...

Lovely spreads!