Saturday, June 18, 2011

there is your song from me

Right then, I have been neglecting this blog for way too long. BUT, NO MORE. Over the next week or two I am going to post lots. And, LOTS. In fact, I have decided that I am going to create an event. I want to make something happen.

I want to do this so that I get back into blogging. I miss it. Also it will be a way of saying a big thank you to all of you who keep returning to my blog and to say hello to all the new visitors (really, this blog used to be very active).

So expect to see a lot of activity here from now. I promise to make at least one post a day, who knows, maybe two. Plus, I'd like to do some other stuff; there will be bargains to be had, prizes, quizzes...er....drawings....and....er...hmmmm...who knows? I've literally JUST come up with this idea. Do you have any ideas? Please let me know. Get involved. Let's make something (I'm not sure what) happen.

(This drawing is now for sale on Etsy, HERE. And, if you think you've seen these socks before then you are probably right; LOOK.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it! Everything you do is gorgeous and inspires me to draw more, too : )
---Laura

amuse me said...

I always check whenever you have a new post. I already own a couple of your pieces and will probably purchase more! I love your work.

Julie Kirk said...

Sounds like fun - did you see the recent 'Stripe Mania' fun play-along type eventat Decor8 this month? http://decor8blog.com/2011/06/01/stripe-mania/ That really seemed to catch on [I joined in too] - maybe something like that could work for you. Without the stripes! :-)

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks, ladies.

Hmmmmm, Julie, I'm now trying to think how I could make that idea work for my blog. Great link. Thanks!

lydia said...

how about some version of that drawing game where one person would draw a head, then fold it over, and pass it on, etc?
just thinking out loud :)

Stephen Hall said...

You make socks interesting! Gorgeous xxx

Stephen Hall said...

Andrea, i'm on a mission to fill my pockets with... stuff, obviously not stolen but free things, I'll do that while in Egypt,rather than drawing them in beautiful detail i want to paint them big... save you some bits x

Miraculous Mosquito said...

You could have a competition where people have to think up an appropriate caption for one or more of your drawings, or perhaps a short haiku poem. It could be funny or serious.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Nice ideas, folks.
Please keep them coming. x