Saturday, April 09, 2011

so you think you can tell

This is one of those drawings that I was moaning about in my last post. The idea was there. The will was there but somehow it hasn't quite worked out as I wanted. That's okay, though. This is another from the graphic novel idea that has been keeping me awake at night. The way I see it is that when I finally get a publishing deal for it I'll have to redraw them all anyway. That's when I'll get them just right. So, I suppose these are just warm ups.

By the way, on Monday I'll be listing a new little zine in my Etsy shop. It's a very limited edition, so I thought I'd let you know in case you would like to get your hands on one. I think they might go quite quickly.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many hours do you have in this?

JSturr

Timaree said...

It may not be quite how you want it but it is really nice still!

amuse me said...

I hope you can get that publishing deal. Will also be very interested in seeing your newest work.

Holly M said...

I love you use of form and line -- the fishbowl has a good 3D quality and you can read a lot into the goldfishes eye :)
Very original. Good work -- hope you get the deal.

Anonymous said...

HI Andrea - I really like this - another drawing that becomes a story... storytelling...

Bryan White said...

I love the Pink Floyd reference with the title. "Two lost souls in a fish bowl" I always liked that line.

mo said...

i just ordered, can't wait. looks fab, andrea. thanks.

Stephen Hall said...

it works for me ...

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thank you, folks.

JSturr, probably around 6 or 7. It took ages to decide on the fishbowl ornament.

It's quite frustrating as the scan has done it no favours. The original looks much better - more atmospheric. Honestly!!

Thank you all. I appreciate your supportive and kind words. x

MetalMonkey9 said...

I like it a lot...Is the original for sale?

Quilt knit said...

I think it is because of the Crease through the Fish Bowl. I think it bothers your sense of Art.

Samarjit Roy said...

Too good for any comments from my side.

Der Schöne & Das Biest said...

love ur blog and the drawings are amazing :)
just awesome.
xoxo Vanessa&martin
http://derschoeneunddasbiest.blogspot.com/

research papers said...

amazing!

Unknown said...

I also luv ur blog. It`s AH-mazing they way you do it, ur stylin` and everythin` really. Tnanx.